Jun 10, 2013

Betting in the Bus Stop

So, on the second day of incessant rains in Mumbai, I get to the bus stop, after checking for the 130th time that it has not been declared a holiday as yet. All the 7 people in the bus stop have an umbrella each. A bus comes along and 5 of them get in as if it is the last bus of the day. I'm optimistic and wait for the bus. It is then that this random stranger decides to chat with me.

Random Stranger (RS): I've been here for 20 mins and my bus 513 hasn't come as yet.
Sleepyface(SF): Did 373 go already?
RS: It did, but that was 20 minutes ago. There is one coming in the next five.
SF: Yes, that one is fairly frequent.
RS: 513 will come any moment now.
SF: I bet my bus will come first
RS: Not a chance in hell
SF: Lets see
RS: See! See! Mine came first! I won!
SF: Darn. Bad beginning to the day. 

Although 373 came right behind 513, I still couldn't beat the Random Stranger.

No comments: