Apr 2, 2015

Pune Diaries

With the factory that I visit at least once a month closing by 5 PM, I'm often left with the evenings completely to myself albeit quite a distance away from the city. Being in a different city as lively as Pune enhances the feeling of being lonely.

In my early visits, I used to read and and watch TV or movies on the computer but soon realized that I couldn't possibly do this every day. So one such evening in Pune when the energy got better of my mind, I ventured out alone - hailed an Uber and got to the heart of the city. It was a pleasure being amidst people compared to the almost empty guest house that I am lodged in.

So, I have essentially pushed the boundary of what I can do from the walls of the factory to the walls of the city, with the comfort that I can always hail an Uber to get to my destination and back. The other wall that has to be pushed is probably meeting up with groups of people at random and try to socialize.

No comments: